Chapel in Đorđić-Mayneri Palace ( Chapel of the Choir of Jesus )
Chapel in Đorđić-Mayneri Palace ( Chapel of the Choir of Jesus )

Duration of works: 1995.
Cost: 46.071,00 kn

Design made by: Kate Bagoje, prof., Aleksandar Čučić, arch.
Contractor: “Građevinar-Quelin” Dubrovnik


The Pucić Palace gives onto the Gundulić Square, and is connected with the neighbouring block by a bridge at its west side. The bridge leads to a large terrace with the Chapel of the Choir of Jesus at south. The entire block was built after 1760, showing Baroque features.
The Chapel of the Choir of Jesus is a vaulted building of simple square plan. A very decorative Baroque altar stands by the south wall. On the main north front there is a portal with large frames and a tympanum with Christ's monogram in the middle. A simple campanile stands on the moulded base. Side fronts have one window each.
The terrace still has the original pergola, but underwent several recent interventions due to the new function of the entire block.

Direct hits to the terrace have severely damaged the façade of the chapel and its interior, especially the marble altar.

The Chapel has been restored with funds from the state budget and donation: