The baroque church of St.Blaise, the patron saint of Dubrovnik, was built on the location of the older church burnt down in 1706 fire.
Archaeological research works below the cathedral started in 1981 and with some interruptions lasted till 1988.
The archaeological site is located at the south-eastern part of the City on the sloping ground .
The building is a single-storey house with flat roof of irregular ground floor.
The two-story palace was erected on the southeast corner of the large block beside Cathedral which developed ground plan outline was formed after the earthquake in 1667.