>
The underground of the Cathedral
The underground of the Cathedral

Most of the geotechnical research works were done which are necessary as entering parameters for obtaining data to do projects of statics as an integral part of the main and executing projects in the underground level of the cathedral and the Bunić's square.

The programme of the works was made by the Construction and Architectural Faculty in Split.

The geotechnical research works were done by the Institute IGH d.d. In accordance to the programme of the works three research pits were excavated, two for the neighbouring object where the entrance to the underground museum level is planned and the third one beside the wall of the cathedral where the breakthrough for the entrance is planned. The probe drillings and taking the dislocated and non-dislocated samples were done and they were sent for the laboratory analysis.

Accessory construction works, according to the Cost estimate of works, done by the Architectural Faculty in Zagreb, were executed by the firm Građevinar-Quelin d.o.o. from Dubrovnik. The Contract included the excavation of the research pits, removing, mounting back and pointing the joints of the pavement.

Archaeological supervision was done by Dubrovnik Museums. The coordination of the research works and execution of the project were done by the architect Amalija Pavlić.

The I phase of the main project, related to the preparation of project's documentation for archaeological research works and excavations for building the connecting space between the cathedral and the Bassegli-Gozze palace for the planned entrance, has been stopped until receiving the final report of executed geotechnical research works.

On that spot it is necessary to do archaeological excavations and concrete the foundations of the cathedral and the neighbouring building and to build the entering connecting room in the cellar's level.

The concluded contracts:

In accordance to the Contract no. 1411-1 of 29th April 2010 the programme was made by the Construction and Architectural Faculty in Split. According to the Contract no. 1414-2 of 19th November 2010 the geotechnical research works were done by the Institute IGH d.d. The Contract no. 1413-8 of 19th November 2010 for accessory construction works was signed with the firm Građevinar-Quelin d.o.o. from Dubrovnik. The Contract no. 1413-9 of 19th November 2010 for the archaeological supervision was signed with Dubrovnik Museums.